I give full credit to my husband, Mike, for this recipe. He is the one who makes this and is personally asked to bring it to various gatherings. It is fabulous as written but feel free to play with it depending on your taste. We serve it with tortilla chips.
- 2 cans shoepeg corn (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can black-eyed (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (the ones with green chilies added are the best)
- 1 bunch green onions- chopped
- 1/2 cup jalapeno peppers-chopped (we usually use fresh but you can use canned)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic- crushed
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro- finely chopped
- 2 tsp. cumin
- In a large bowl combine the corn, peas, beans, tomatoes, onions and jalapenos. Add vinegar and olive oil and stir to coat vegetables. Ad garlic, cumin and cilantro. Mix thoroughly. It can be eaten right away but it gets better if it is refrigerated for a while. Serve with chips and enjoy!