As I was visiting with a friend about a jello mold shaped like a brain that I had recently purchased for my daughter who is a nursing student and loves jello, this pinwheel recipe came to mind. My kids loved it when they were little and my oldest son (soon to be 29) looked up the recipe and made it only a few years ago because it sounded so good to him. You are sure to be a hit with the younger crowd and it is so easy to make. Notice that I had to make them in Treatness colors :). Have fun!
- 1 (3.5 oz.) package Jello gelatin, any flavor
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows or 12 large marshmallows
- Lightly spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Mix Jello and water in a microwaveable bowl and cook on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir to dissolve the Jello completely.
- Add the marshmallows to the Jello mixture and microwave 1 minute or until the marshmallows are almost melted.
- Stir until completely melted and mixture is smooth (creamy layer will float to the top).
- Pour in to prepared pan and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until set.
- Loosen edges with a spatula dipped in warm water.
- Begin rolling like you would cinnamon rolls until it is completely rolled up (you may have to loosen with the spatula as you go depending on how badly it sticks to the pan). Try to keep it rolled tightly.
- Set it with seam side down and cut 1/2 inch slices.
- Serve right away or refrigerate them.