Pumpkin bars are easy to make and since they are made in a jelly roll pan, they make enough for a crowd. They are so moist and delicious with just the right amount of spice that people will rave about them for days. It is just a bonus that your house will be filled with aroma of fall; the smell of pumpkin and cinnamon and cloves. The cream cheese frosting puts them over the top. Treat your family today. Warning: You will need a lot of self control not to eat half of the pan yourself.
Pumpkin Bars preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 25 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (16 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups (10 oz.) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 3 oz. cream cheese (soft)
- 1/2 cup butter (soft)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread batter in an ungreased 15x10x1 inch pan (jelly roll pan).
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean (don’t over bake).
- Cool completely.
- Cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Beat vanilla in.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time beating until smooth.
- Frost the bars when they are cool and ENJOY!