Hershey Syrup Brownies
Another recipe on my Nostalgia Tour. I feel like this is the brownie that everyone made when I was young, and now I haven’t seen or had one in so long. I might have to add it to the rotation, because they are perfectly delicious. Too bad my brownie taster went to North Dakota for the summer, Alyssa would be able to do the best comparison between my go to brownie and this one. The chocolate chip frosting is so rich and tasty. This is also one of the easiest recipes you will ever make. I added the sprinkles because I just bought some new ones and they look so pretty in pictures.
By the way, I didn’t accidentally leave out the leavening agent. There isn’t one in this recipe.
- 1/2 cup softened butter (one stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1- 16 ounce can of chocolate syrup (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a 13 X 9" pan with cooking spray or shortening and flour.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and chocolate syrup, beat in.
- Add flour and mix until incorporated but don't overmix.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Bake until a toothpick comes out with just a little bit of crumb on it. Don't over bake.
- Bring butter, sugar and milk to a boil and boil for 1 minute only.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips.
- Stir and let cool a few minutes (it will thicken as it cools).
- Frost cooled brownies.
Leave a Reply